solution for injections
Transparent yellow solution.
1 ml of the drug contains:
active ingredient: ivermectin – 10 mg;
Excipients: polysorbate 80, water for injections.
ATC vet QP54 - endectocides (QР54AА01 - ivermectin).
Ivermectin belongs to the group of compounds produced by soil microorganisms Streptomyces avermitilis. Ivermectin strengthens binding of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) to special receptor on nerve endings of parasites, resulting in violation of neurotransmission, paralysis and death of helminths. The drug forms kind of deposition of active ingredient in subcutaneous tissue, ensuring parasitocidal effect for 10-14 days.
Ivermectin is destructive to the following types of parasites:
- nematodes (imago and larvae): Ascaris, Hyostrongylus, Nematodirus, Oesophagostomum, Bunostomum, Strongyloides, Metastrongylus, Strongylus, Trichostrongylus, Ostertagia, Haemonchus, Cooperia, Chabertia, Trichuris, etc.;
- nematodes (adult): Dictyocaulus viviparus, Nematodirus, Protostrongylus;
- arthropods: Otodectes, Haematopinus, Sarcoptes, Demodex, Gastrophilus, Hypoderma, Linognathus, Damalina, Solenopotes, Hematobia, Psoroptes, Oestrus, Melophagus, etc.
Dehelmintization of animals as well as insect and mite control in cattle, sheep, goats and swine. The drug is used to treat the following parasite lesions:
- cattle: nematodes in digestive tract (adults and larvae
of the 4th stage): Nematodirus helvetianus, Ostertagia ostertagі, О. lyrata, Bunostomum trigonocephalum, B. phlebotomum, Haemonchus placeі (particularly, larvae of the 3rd stage), Trichostrongylus ахeі, T. colubriformis, Cooperia реctinata, C. punctata; lung helminths: Dictyocaulus viviparus (adults and larvae of the 4th stage); cavity helminths: Setaria labiatopapillosa (at the microsetaria stage); skin helminths: Paraphilaria bovicola (adult); larvae of warble flies (the 1st and 2nd stages): Hypoderma bovis, H. lineatum; itch mites: Psoroptes bovis, Sarcoptes bovis, Chorioptes bovis; mites: Demodex bovis; louses: Bovicola bovis; lices: Haematopinus eurysternus, Linognathus vituli;
- ruminants: nematodes in digestive tract: Bunostomum trigonocephalum, Haemonchus contortus (adult and larvae of the 3rd and 4th stages), Ostertagia сіrcumcincta, О. trifurcata, Oesophagostomum venulosum, О. columbianum (adults and larvae of the 3rd and 4th stages), Chabertia ovina, Trichostrongylus ахei (adult), Trichostrongylus colubriformis (adult and larvae of the 4th stage), Trichuris ovis; lung helminths: Dictyocaulus filaria (adult and larvae of the 4th stage), Protostrongylus rufescens; sheep botfly larvae: Oestrus ovis (all larvae stages); itch mites: Psoroptes ovis, Sarcoptes bovis, S. carpe, Chorioptes ovis, Ch. caprae; lice: Bovicola ovis, В. сарrае; lice: Linognathus ovillus, L. реdalis, L. caprae;
- swine: nematodes in digestive tract (adults and larvae of the 4th stage): Ascaris suum, Oesophagostomum dentatum, Strongyloides ransomi (adult), Trichuris suis; lung helminths: Metastrongylus spp.; kidney helminths: Stefanurus dentatus (adult and larvae of the 4th stage); lice: Haematopinus suis; mites: Sarcoptes suis, S. parvula, Demodex phylloides.
Treatment of animals against nematodes is performed before stabling and in spring before pasturing, against warble flies – in the end of summer, against agents of arachnoentomoses – as per indications.
INTRAMEC® is administered subcutaneously in a single dose, in cases of severe sarcoptosis double treatment with an interval of 8-10 days is required.
The drug doses are as follows:
- cattle, sheep and goats: 1 ml per 50 kg body weight, administer the drug in the skin fold in the front of or behind the shoulder blade with sterile tools. The needle gauge of 16, 15 or 10 mm is recommended.
swine: 1 ml per 33 kg body weight. Administer subcutaneously in the neck area. Accurate dosage for swine with body weight of up to 16 kg is extremely important.
Do not administer to animals with infectious diseases and emaciated animals! Do not administer to cows during lactation and female animals during pregnancy in a month before parturation!
The drug is not prescribed in sub-therapeutic doses. Do not administer to animals with hypersensitivity to ivermectin. In case of hypersensitivity to ivermectin increased salivary discharge, frequent defecation and urination, ataxia may be observed in some animals. The symptoms disappear spontaneously without any therapeutic agents.
Animal slaughter for meat is allowed in 28 days following the last drug administration. Meat, obtained before the mentioned term shall be utilized or fed to non-productive animals depending on the statement of a veterinary physician.
Glass vials of 10 and 100 ml sealed with rubber stoppers and aluminum caps.
Store in original packaging in a dry, dark place out of the reach of children at 5-30 °С.
For veterinary use only!